Sunday 17 November 2013

Linotype and Bagpuss

I shared this wonderful video over on my Facebook page where I am often as not found wittering on about linocuts, coffee and art to lust over, though not necessarily in that order as I notice the slice of life coffee now takes in my everyday existence. 

http://www.wimp.com/beautifulbooks/  : How beautiful books were made in the 19th Century. (VIDEO)

Over this morning's cuppa I decided it was so full of magic that I needed to keep it safe and on display for any visitor to see. I hope you watch it. You don't even need to be a print-mouse in disguise, though a love of all things printed will guarantee a smile.

To me, it's special and I'd love to be that print-mouse in a mouse-run workshop full of other inky mice and this amazingly wondrous machine - the Linotype. Ahhh. Where the tick-tock of the clock drives me insane, I swear I could sleep to the whirrs and clicks of this beautiful creature.

It is indeed A Marvellous Mechanical Mouse Machine...and obviously, the  workshop cat would be called Bagpuss.


No comments:

Post a Comment